Monday, December 9, 2013

Almost done

This is the second to last day of my field placement, and to be honest I'm a little sad. I really enjoy working in this classroom, Mrs. Keiffer is really nice and I feel like I'm really bonding with many of the kids. Too bad next week is my last week. Maybe I should request to have the same teacher next semester. The day was mostly uneventful, I forgot my lunch at my dorm which kinda sucked but I usually eat later in the day anyway so I wasn't too hungry. I helped out with grading and helping kids while Mrs. Kieffer was teaching. Today in math they were learning about how to add three numbers together in a number sentence. To be honest it was kinda fun. I enjoy teaching people things and working them thorough to get the answer. I was finally able to finish the interview with my teacher, its a little short but we don't really have the time to spend on it, hopefully 24 min. is good enough. When the kids came back from recess Mrs. Kieffer wasn't there so I was fully in charge getting the kids to sit down and putting them in their silent reading groups, and while I did my best, it was very nerve-racking and I was relieved when she came back, I am definitely not ready to be in charge. A of the students Grandmas  came in to help out for Grandma Thursday which was fun. Not much else to add about this week I really like helping out in the classroom and I look forward to my last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment