Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Repeating a Grade.

It always amazes me how everytime I walk into the classroom they are doing something a little different. It usually has to do with reading or writing of some sort but I really have no idea what kind of activity I'm going to be joining. This time I walked into the teacher giving the students a movie to watch and having them answer questions about the movie, which I think is pretty cool. After she finished explaining to me a little about what is going on she left the room to do some copies or something and left me alone with the kids, telling me to give out small hints about what question they are on. I had no idea what to do, it was dark and I couldn't really make out what the questions were and I didn't want to distract the kids, so besides re-reading the questions for some of the kids I didn't do much. Its kinda adorable how easily the kids will laugh though, in the video a kid missed catching a frog and fell in a pond and the entire room was roaring with laughter at something so simple. For the rest of the day I really only graded papers and entered them into the grade book. I always have questions on how to grade some of the answers so I keep bothering my teacher and I feel bad. We talked about one of the kids who is probably going to have to repeat the 1st grade, she has a D-, in first grade! I feel bad for her because she is really sweet, but as Ive been grading her papers i know that she does need more help. But for the rest of the day I just graded more papers, I really love my teacher I made a mistake on all the papers for one of the tests and she was okay with it and just had me redo it. Next time is Halloween and I'm super excited, all the kids were telling me about their costumes and crowding around me as I left, I felt like a celebrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment