Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Little Zombies

I really love the kids in my classroom, but their hugs are starting to get a little out of hand. I feel like I'm disrupting the class because every time i walk into the room and leave most of the kids are crowding around me like a bunch of little zombies. Someones going to get hurt, classroom management is something I am going to have to work at, but how do I tell them no. Today I learned about this technique my teacher uses  when the kids are getting a little jumpy. She just plays a song, usually relevant (like today is was nouns) to what they're learning and has them dance for a bit to get them to relax, which is something really cool. I hadn't thought about doing it that way before. I also did the first part of my interview with my teacher which was a lot funner than I expected it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment