Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Songs

Have I mentioned yet just how much I love some of the techniques used to help the kids with reading and writing. They have little songs and hand motions for just about everything its pretty great. Every letter of the alphabet, sounds letters make together like "ck" and "sh", its pretty amazing. When they go through them all the kids are really engaged having fun and learning. The day itself was pretty standard. The kids got their picture taken for the 50th day of school and I got to be in one of them. I helped some kids with their math when they were doing a worksheet. They also had computer lab which is always an experience the kids have to login to the computers and to this website and it always takes a while. The site they use is really cool to, they do problems at their own pace kinda like Khan Academy. Its cool to see how technology is being used in the classroom.  I got my assessment but unfortunately the day is just too busy so we weren't able to start on the interview. Every time I go there she and I are working practically the whole time so I have no idea just how we're going to be able to squeeze the time in. But the rest of my day was spent helping out around the classroom and grading papers. I did go outside to watch the kids for  recess with the other teachers, it was very cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment